Dublin Craft Beer Cup 2019 & Dublin Craft Cider Cup 2019
RULES AND REGULATIONS
1. The Dublin Craft Beer Cup and Dublin Craft Cider Cup are open to craft brewers only. If you are not sure if your product qualifies, do not hesitate to contact us. We appreciate it is an innovative product market.
2. All craft beer / cider participants must be at least 18 years of age.
3. There are two craft categories in the competition; beer and cider. All craft ciders are entered under one cider style.
4. Craft beers may be entered under the following styles of beers. Please make sure to mark the style of the beer, and then the category if applicable.
Styles of Beers
· Lager (incl. Pils, Helles, Bock, Dunkel)
· Porter & Stout (incl. Irish, British and American styles)
· IPA (incl. British style IPA, American style IPA, Dark IPA, White IPA)
· Pale Ale (incl. Kolsh)
· Red / Brown / Amber Ale (incl. Irish, British and American styles)
· Wheat Beer (incl. Weissbier, Hefeweisbier)
· Speciality (incl. barrel aged, fruit beers, Belgian style, smoked, High alcohol, >7.5% ABV, chocolate / coffee / other flavours)
· Other (hybrids, other beers not covered above)
There will be an overall winner in both the Craft Beer and Cider Cup. In addition, there is also a category winner in each of the below categories: Ale, Lager, Porter & Stout, IPA, Pale Ale, Wheat and Speciality.
5. A Bottle Identification Form (label) should be attached to each entry (all bottles). In order to assist the judges in their evaluation of your entry, please note any special production processes e.g. bottle conditioned, barrel aged, special ingredients, unusual yeasts on your Bottle Identification Form.
6. An entry fee must be paid for the entry to be complete. Payment for the entry will be through a link on the online entry form. Pricing is:
a) Beer ROI Entry - €45.35 (includes VAT)
b) Cider ROI Entry - € 45.35 (includes VAT)
c) Beer Rest of World Entry - €36.87
d) Cider Rest of World Entry - €36.87
Payment for the entry will be via credit card through the online entry form only. Depending on stand type, exhibitor’s packages for 2019 include complimentary entries to these competitions. Discount codes will be provided to the named exhibitor contact.
7. Each entry must contain six (200ml – 750ml) glass bottles.
8. All entries must be pre-registered online via the craft brew competition entry form on Eventbrite.
9. All competition samples to be shipped to Alltech Ireland before the closing date February 28th, 2019. Competition samples from the USA can be shipped to Alltech USA before February 7th, 2019 for subsequent bulk shipment to Ireland. The deadline for entries (online registration) is 28th February 2019.
10. Please send 6 bottles (200-750ml) of beer / cider per entry for judging to the appropriate address below.
Alltech European Bioscience Centre
Attn: Niamh Gibney
Shipping Deadline: February 28, 2019
Entries from the UK
Attn: Joanne Mart
Shipping Deadline: February 21, 2019
Alltech Lexington Brewing and Distilling Company
Attn: Ryan Smiley
475 Angliana Ave,
Shipping Deadline: February 7, 2019
· Judging of the entries will be carried out by up to 30 qualified judges. All judging will follow the procedures in accordance with Brewers Association Judging Guidelines.
· Medals will be awarded based on the score the beer / cider receive.
· All entries will be judged in early March and the winners will be announced on Thursday, 14th March at the Alltech Craft Brews & Food Fair in the Convention Centre Dublin, Ireland.
· We understand beers / ciders don’t always turn out as planned and we ask you to let us know as soon as possible if you will be withdrawing a drink. Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org if you have a change of plan.
· Online registration closes February 28th, 2019.